Current Job Opportunities in Asia Positions Currently Available in Following Regions: Singapore, Malaysia, & Thailand
Position Description; Hire must plan, research, write, and revise technical documentation including manuals and e-manuals. Usually the scope of the projects will range from small to large: incorporation of products into blogs, web content, individual manuals, or chapters within larger manuals, or manuals for subsets of product lines.
- Plan and coordinate manuals, guidance documents, instructions for use, labeling and other technical documentation.
- Research products by reading product specifications and other documentation, interviewing subject matter experts, and investigating new topics.
- Write and edit manuals, including localizing English content, according to regulatory and geographical requirements.
- Develop or coordinate illustrations, photos or other media with graphic designers.
- Coordinate translations projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Comply with the site quality system.
- Provide technical writing or editing support in the development of technical, engineering, and logistics products.
- Collect, organize, and edit information for white papers, solution briefs, technical articles, editorials, sales training materials, customer success stories, presentations, proposals, web pages, special reports or other related technically oriented customer deliverables and documents.
- Work with all levels of management, technical personnel, authors, salespeople, partners, customers, and subject matter experts across various locations to define documentation content, guidelines, specifications, and development schedules; able to communicate with technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization; able to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be self-motivated, work independently or as part of a team, able to learn quickly, meet deadlines and demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple projects and responsibilities concurrently.
- Prepare required documentation in appropriate formats.
- Must be creative.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Review and analyze the data and user requirements to ensure that documentation is clear, concise and valid.
- Perform substantive editing that ensures document organization and quality.
- Ensure documents follow the appropriate style guide and may develop documentation, templates, and style guides.
- Confirm the adequacy of material submitted for publication or final product quality.
- Work with external parties such as printing companies, translators, logistics, and others to assure timely production and delivery of work output
- Assist in staff support issues.
- Expert understanding of graphics, multimedia, database programs, desktop productivity and visualization tools, web, and MS Project.
• B.A./B.S. in Technical Communications or a related field preferred.
• Minimum 2-5 years technical writing with a bachelor’s degree; 0-3 years with a master’s degree.
• Meets and occasionally exceed the duties and responsibilities of the job
• Familiarity with XML.
• Familiarity with on-line documentation.
• Understanding of electronic components, engineering, and computer science.
• Experience with translation projects and/or experience in an international organization.
• Understanding of electrical, electronic and mechanical components and terminology.
• Good writing/grammar skills, organizational skills and a great attention to detail are required.
• Good understanding of Engineering Documentation including bills of materials, routers, specifications, drawings and labeling.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks/projects and manage priorities accordingly.
The Procurement Manager identifies best cost regional sourcing opportunities, prepares on-line bid events, qualifies successful suppliers and coordinates transitions to new suppliers with others in procurement. The Manager also acts as liaison with quality and engineering departments to resolve issue which may arise during quoting, sampling, and delivery of components.
- Assess supplier capability, cost benefit analysis, issue resolution, risk mitigation and contingency planning
- Review drawings and specifications & ofter tech support using our system.
- Manage projects through completion, with Quality Assurance,Planning, Project Managers, and Buyers as necessary.
- Liaison between suppliers, Quality Assurance,and other commodity groups of Procurement as necessary to support cost containment and cost reduction project implementation.
- Develop and maintain systems and processes necessary to maintain and drive supplier suggested cost reduction.
- Assess and communicate technical risks, business requirements, deliverables and schedules supporting project initiatives.
- Drive Procurement initiatives to completion inside the estimated project schedule.
- Analyze technical data, designs, preliminary specifications, manufacturing limitations and supplier facilities.
- Coordinate efforts between suppliers, Engineers, Quality Assurance and Procurement Personnel to facilitate material substitutions, standardization, rework and salvage of purchased materials.
- Business or technical degree required (IE, ME, EE, BA, BS).
- International purchasing experience.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret engineering drawings, quality systems requirements and customer specifications.
- Strategic procurement experience
- Ability to understand component requirements and communicate requirements to suppliers.
- Experience with multiple facets of global purchasing.
- Personal computer with knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Excel, Word and Project.
- Organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management.
Strong oral and written communication skills.