Current Job Opportunities Positions Currently Available: Europe
The Procurement Manager identifies best cost regional sourcing opportunities, prepares on-line bid events, qualifies successful suppliers and coordinates transitions to new suppliers with others in procurement. The Manager also acts as liaison with quality and engineering departments to resolve issue which may arise during quoting, sampling, and delivery of components.
- Assess supplier capability, cost benefit analysis, issue resolution, risk mitigation and contingency planning
- Review drawings and specifications & ofter tech support using our system.
- Manage projects through completion, with Quality Assurance,Planning, Project Managers, and Buyers as necessary.
- Liaison between suppliers, Quality Assurance,and other commodity groups of Procurement as necessary to support cost containment and cost reduction project implementation.
- Develop and maintain systems and processes necessary to maintain and drive supplier suggested cost reduction.
- Assess and communicate technical risks, business requirements, deliverables and schedules supporting project initiatives.
- Drive Procurement initiatives to completion inside the estimated project schedule.
- Analyze technical data, designs, preliminary specifications, manufacturing limitations and supplier facilities.
- Coordinate efforts between suppliers, Engineers, Quality Assurance and Procurement Personnel to facilitate material substitutions, standardization, rework and salvage of purchased materials.
- Business or technical degree required (IE, ME, EE, BA, BS).
- International purchasing experience.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret engineering drawings, quality systems requirements and customer specifications.
- Strategic procurement experience
- Ability to understand component requirements and communicate requirements to suppliers.
- Experience with multiple facets of global purchasing.
- Personal computer with knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Excel, Word and Project.
Organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.